We've moved! Come see our new location at: 7255 St. Louis Ave. Skokie IL 60076
Unique local urban lumber.
- We produce high quality urban lumber from the Chicago area urban forest, a sustainable resource. Our lumber is a step towards environmentally sensitive building
- Custom milling and kiln drying to your specifications is available for unique projects such as thick mantles, wide boards and book matching. Whole logs are milled and kept together for single projects and more.
- A source of old growth wood without a single tree being removed for lumber.
- In many instances the address and history of where the lumber came from is known.
- Keeping trees alive in another form for their second life is the best form of recycling
Warehouse inventory of kiln dried lumber.
Our warehouse has of over 50,000 board feet of kiln dried lumber. Our inventory consists of local reclaimed urban lumber from ash to black walnut. We have many species that are not commercially available such as hackberry, catalpa, pear, American elm and many others. All of the logs we process come from the Chicago Land area and occasionally Milwaukee WI. When we know the town location we can give you a certificate of origin that states where the tree came from.
We specialize in wide boards, mantels, book matching, and wain edge lumber. Our inventory includes: flat, rift and quarter sawn lumber in various thicknesses and widths. Our typical widths are up to 23 1/2 inches wide and 18' 6" long. In addition to milling 1” – 2” thick lumber we are now milling up to 4” thick slabs up to 60” wide . Straight line rip and surfacing is available.
See the on line catalog of what is currently dried and in our Skokie warehouse.
Sawmill and kiln drying services.
We can mill and kiln dry to your specifications. Our saw mill and kilns are located in the Chicago metropolitan area. We can mill and kiln dry trees from your property and get that lumber back to you as flooring, paneling or furniture.
Our production facility centers around a Wood-Mizer band saw mill, capable of cutting logs up to 36” in diameter and up to 20’ lengths.
We operate 3 dehumidification kilns capable of drying 4000 board feet per cycle. Typical dry times on green lumber range from 4- 8 weeks with thick slabs up to 3 months.